Friday, February 22, 2013

Forgetting - Just About Everything



Holy Cow Moment ?:  What did I forget?  Oh, everything from a simple word to who was posting my author blog.  But the biggest thing I forgot was how much I forgot about forgetting during pregnancy.

You mind blocks out the un-pleasantries.  It really, really does. Anything from the pain of a stretching and tearing muscles in your stomach, to joint pain, and the elusive pregnancy brain.  One new thing that I know I didn’t forget is the crotch pain.  Okay the doctors are much more PC.  They call it pelvic discomfort.  Let’s call it what it is – CROTCH PAIN.  It can take me a minute or two to be able to walk normally after sitting for an extended period of time. 

So there you have it.  Five weeks till delivery and I barely remember my own name and to lay out my daughters clothes for the next day.  On top of the memory issues, walking has become a torturous event.  So why am I doing this again?  Oh right, because my mommy brain helped me to forget what stunk about pregnancy.  Maybe I will do a post of on the postpartum… that one will make you wonder how it is you forgot enough in order to allow yourself to get knocked up again.

Holy cow I did it again.  The longest 5 weeks of my life yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment