Monday, November 5, 2012

Dresser Shopping





Holy Cow Moment?:  I apparently am clueless on what a dresser should cost.

Thanks to a new baby we have to redistribute throughout the house.  While going through the: what we have and what we need, we decided that maybe a new dresser for our toddler was a better option and recycle the old to the new baby.  The dresser is mine from being a child and is a tank – but isn’t exactly cute.  So off we go onto a new hunt for a dresser.  Let me start out by saying that I refuse to pay over $300 for a dresser.  My ideal price is under $200. 

As I scour the internet, what did we do before the internet? Anyway,  as I scour the internet, clicking on different store ads, using Google to find new stores, it becomes apparent that dressers cost a whole lot of money.  Dismay fills me as I realize we can’t get our child a new dresser, but what about a new to her dresser?  Craigs list here I come.  My jaw drops as I click on one ad link to the next.  Wow is there some ugly out there.  Just because you saw some value in that dresser in the 70’s does not mean it is still worth that today.  Sitting back in my chair I have to wonder where do I go now?  Do I twiddle my thumbs or sit an wallow?  Who knows.  What I do know is my daughter is a proud new owner of a toddler slide that craigs list had.  I shake my head.  Why is it that you give up on what you were looking for and somehow find something else you didn’t really need.

Holy Cow do I have ADD.  I look for a dress and buy a slide.  Well at least she is having fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment