Monday, September 24, 2012

The Cost to Raise Our Kids

I had a different post in mind for today but thanks to MSN I had to change my mind. 
________________________________________
Holy Cow Moment #?:  We all knew raising children had a hefty price tag but who knew Colorado (the state in which I live) could make that cost even more.  Don't worry Illinois, Massachusetts and 7 other states you all got recognition too.

Thank you MSN for brightening my day.  Colorado is number 4 on the list of most expensive states to raise a child.  Yes you read that right.  NUMBER 4. It's enough to make me want to cry.  I knew raising a baby - well 2, wasn't going to be cheap but when the average of childcare is as high as it is that just makes it all the more worse. 

It's bad when I saw the MSN post today and all I could think was "oh please let my state be on there."  No it wasn't because I wanted bragging rights.  It was because I feel like I pay A LOT for childcare and I just can't believe we are 'cheap.'  Well I suppose I feel vindicated - or robbed.  I suppose I have mixed feelings on knowing the truth. 

Oh well.  What can we do.  Like they say.  If you wait to be able to afford a child you will never have them and I can't see my life without my daughter.  Sorry baby two, I don't know you yet to say the same. 

Holy Cow its highway robbery.  Everyone says you can't put a price tag on the value your child adds to your life too bad we can put a number to what they take away.  I did just say she was worth it right?

No comments:

Post a Comment