Tuesday, August 14, 2012

101 Ways: What Our Parents Had that We Do Not


Has anyone had their parents go off on the ‘good old days’.  It seems to me like they are living in the past.  Wishing for the good,  still trying to live like that.  Well the reality is things have changed.  Times are harder.  Money is scarce and we all have to struggle just a little.  But, I feel like this might have made the younger generations accepting of change.  We are stronger and more adaptable.  We are survivors. 

Holy Cow Moment ?:  My child is not the only one making me want to scream.

I find myself wanting to scream at my parents or aunts or grandparents “Yes I hear you. I understand you had it good but move on.”  I think I am a realist.  I can’t get caught up in what I wish things were because they aren’t.  Sure we all look back once in a while.  Of course we all hope for a better future for our kids but you have to learn to live in the now.  You can’t improve by living in the future and you can’t change if you live in the past. 

I only hope that our children can continue fixing the issues we have only started to unearth.  Too bad my poor toddler has no idea that the world lays on her shoulders.  Although, I do think the Lorax helped touch on it a little.  Is it scary that Dr, Seuss is already trying to teach our children that we need to make a change?


Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

No comments:

Post a Comment