Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Love Sonnet to my blog

How do I love the, let me count the ways – I love you blog.  Why you ask – although if you are reading my blog maybe you are not asking why, you are just questioning my sanity.  Well let me tell you that at 2:00 in the morning as I blearily walk to my daughters bedside to remove child covered in throw up, hold her at arms length and try to comprehend what I do next I thank God that in approximately 10 to 20 minutes I will be able to sit down with a clean child and have something to do. 

The throw up all over the bumper, the sheet, the blanket, apparently my nightgown and most likely my bra is without doubt a downer.  The naked baby playing with her blocks on the floor giggling because she now feels great while mom tries to power through the clean up could almost seem like nails on a chalkboard at 2 am.  Oh but it doesn’t.  I love her, I do.  I repeat this to myself about, oh, ten more times.  By the tenth time it’s true again, I love her.  Now that everything is in the hamper and my daughter and I have had another wardrobe change, yet again, I can now enjoy her smile, he flailing limbs, her giggles of entertainment.  BUT even with all that in front of me and behind me I still love my escape because as I have found out that at 2 am there is no one up, no one on faceboook, nothing on TV and no one but a tiny human with minimal verbal skills to talk to.  Thank you blog, I hope someone else appreciates my sleep deprived brain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment